Management of the office of PIWI International
Our working environment
PIWI International is an international working group to promote fungus-resistant grape varieties, founded in Switzerland in 1999.
PIWI is as brand established – ecological. Economically. pioneering
We assert ourselves through a clear reduction of the use of plant protection products for a robust and innovative grape variety cultivation.
PIWI stands for environmental and climate protection.
The vines are more resilient against fungal diseases, which is viticulture trendsetting with strong sustainability.
Our goal is to exchange scientific and practical knowledge in the field of PIWI grape varieties at national and international level.
We support and encourage winegrowers who work primarily with these innovative grape varieties by providing information and advice. In order to offer our customers a detailed description of the characteristics of these grape varieties as well as instructions for optimal winemaking and tasting, we hold periodic conferences and regional working groups. Discussing marketing issues and information for consumers is part of our field of activity, as is recruiting new members.
We are looking for a committed employee (m/n/f) for the second half of the year to fill the office (not tied to a specific location).
At PIWI you will find
• an innovative and interesting area of work that you can design and develop independently with a great deal of freedom
• Your own workplace, in which you are able to communicate and work mobile, adapted to your needs
• flexible working hours with a fixed core time
• a work assignment of 10 hours / week - expandable to up to 20 hours / week
• a scientific and practical knowledge-based, international exchange of experience with winegrowers and consumers
• a close exchange with the members of the association and regional group representatives
• Europe-wide site visits
• Training and development opportunities in the field of winemaking and tasting are your work tasks
• Supervision of the office with the associated administrative tasks
• Arranging and conducting meetings, assemblies and events
• Press work and communication with representatives of the public
• Maintaining the website, social media and our regular newsletter
• Communication with members
• Cooperation and support with the regional group representatives
You bring with you
• Enthusiasm for the topic of PIWI grape varieties and sustainability
• Extensive professional experience in administration, ideally with experience in association work
• Your strengths include professional and engaging communication at different levels, you master complex issues and contexts both verbally and in writing
• You have a very good command of spoken and written English
• You are an organizational talent with a structured way of working
• Ideally you have knowledge of website maintenance with WordPress
You will be assigned your tasks ( partial coverage is possible ) introduced and accompanied. After the induction period, you will manage the office independently.
Does this interesting area appeal to you?
We look forward to hearing from you with a short letter of application firstname.lastname@example.org
Your PIWI International team
Gisela Wüstinger – current management
In May 2022
PIWI International - the network for information about PIWI. Our Internet platform is to be expanded with a database, forum, FAQs ... everything that the new technology offers in these areas.
We are looking for you - for programming a MySql database (winemaker list, grape varieties, ...) with entry masks and integration into the website.
Alternatively, the right tool for implementation.
For the members area we need a forum for our members to exchange experiences, also based on the database.
Interest and capacities? Then we look forward to hearing from you email@example.com